Yesterday, I found myself back in the hospital yet again. This is getting so old!! I went in for some more testing. Man is anesthesia GREAT!! I felt nothing, and remember nothing of the entire procedure...I was zonked for the duration, and even once I got home...I was still down for the count. This time they were looking for abnormalities in my heart...like holes, blood clots, etc... anything really that could give the doctors a clue on how to proceed next. Since they still feel that I did have a small stroke, they are trying to put two and two together to figure things out.
Unfortunately, this test did not help with that process. They did not find what they were looking for, which is great news....yet horribly frustrating at the same time. I am on week 10 with no driving...and THIS is what is the MOST FRUSTRATING!!! Can you even imagine what it's like to basically be held prisoner in your own home every day, when there are so many things that we could be out doing???? Even the simplest things like running errands, taking the boys to an outing, meeting up with friends, doing my lia sophia shows....We are completely dependant on Stu to take us anywhere we need to go, and that is no fun for me or for Stu..
I tried driving to a dinner meeting last Tuesday night. It was only like 1/2 mile away. I did great! So two nights later, I decided to drive to the grocery store that is in the same plaza. I did great going...but about half way through the shopping, I got super dizzy and woozy. This happened at another grocery store visit a couple of weeks ago with Stu and the boys. I don't know, maybe something about the motion of going up and down the aisles set me off??? I thought I was going to pass out in the checkout line. Driving home was no picnic...So then it was no surprise to me that the next morning (Friday), I finally had the breakdown I was afraid of. I must have cried for at least 2 or 3 hours...It was a TOTAL "poor me" kind of cry that I needed to have. I can't believe that it took this long to hit me..
Next on deck, I am supposed to go see a Neurological Opthalmologist and an ENT. I go back to one of my regular doctors next week, and then the Neurologist again...so we'll see what the game plan will be.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Oh Wendi, I think of you daily and continue to pray for you!
I wish I was closer to come visit or take you with us when we go out. I HATE being stuck in the house too so I can only imagine how awful its been.
Post a Comment