March 28, 2007

TEE For Me

I went to yet another doctor appointment yesterday. This time it was back to the Cardiologist. I have had the heart monitor on for three weeks now...and frankly I couldn't wait to have them discontinue it. Apparently, I had developed a severe NASTY rash in the spots where the electrode stickers were. (Yes I know...only me!!) The doctor told me it hadn't even been working properly for at least the last week, because the monitor couldn't get a good reading through the rash. (I'll spare you the pictures..you can thank me later!) Boy is it UGLY and MAN does it ITCH!!!! Good news is, she was able to get enough information from earlier readings.

The tachycardic events have diminished in duration and in numbers, so that is wonderful news. That means that as the thyroid function continues to improve, that my electrical issues should continue to improve as well. That still doesn't fix my dizziness and vision issues in the car, klutziness, and headaches. As the Neurologist had originally pointed out to me last week, the Cardiologist also saw the droopiness in one side of my face, which along with all the other stuff leads them both to believe that I probably had a small stroke (TIA) as well.

Because of this, she has decided to send me back to the hospital for another procedure. This procedure is called a TEE, or TransEsophageal Echocardiagram. I am waiting for someone in her office to call me with a date.

I called the Neurologist's office today, to see if I could get in any earlier than the April 11th date which is currently scheduled. I had my brain MRI done Friday, and 14 vials of bloodwork taken on Saturday. The MRI techs gave me a CD of the scan, so I actually have it here at home with ME...I have the answers to what's going on in my head, and no way to view them!!!! Talk about FRUSTRATING!!! I know I have to wait till all the bloodwork comes back as well before I can be seen, but April 11th???? Come on!!! They were nice enough to at least put me on a cancellation list.

I don't know, but I am thinking that if this was a small stroke...that the area affected was something having to do with motion or equilibrium....because of all the above mentioned Vertigo-like issues. Anyone know if this is possible??? I won't know till April 11th...ugghhh!!!!!

I am so tired of waiting, but hopefully each day that passes...will be one day closer to an answer.

On an up note, Stu came home early from work this afternoon...so that we could meet up with some friends at a local playground for a play date. It wasn't as warm as it was yesterday by any means...but it was a beautiful day none-the-less. The boys had an absolutely wonderful time, and so did we.

No comments: