April 26, 2007

POTTY TRAINING!!!!

Well, it's official.....POTTY TRAINING HAS BEGUN!!!!

For over two weeks we have been counting down to this momentous day on the boys' calendar. For two weeks we have been talking about potty training, and for two weeks I have been trying to get them myself all psyched up for this process. I'll be honest, I have never been one who has ever minded changing diapers...and remember, we go through about 15 a day between the three boys. Diapers are easy...you can change them anywhere! Plus...diapers were the last piece of "babiness" that I had left of the boys.

But alas, the boys are 3 years old...and will be starting Pre-K in the fall. It's TIME. Originally we were going to start this process back over the holidays, but Logan's surgery threw a wrench into that idea. So then it was going to be over the winter...but as you know, I've been dealing with all my medical CRAP since mid-January. I am now finally feeling somewhat well enough to tackle this now...plus I figure, if we are stuck at home since I can't drive....we really have no reason not to take advantage of this time...and make it time well spent.

Three days ago we I said a tearful good-bye to our ever-faithful Pampers Cruisers....and we haven't looked back. (I know our friendly neighborhood garbage collectors, will be thanking us!!!) The boys have amazed me so far. They really seem to be on-board for the most part...We just completed DAY 3 today, and it is going much better than I anticipated. I really thought training all three at once was going to be a nightmare...but they have proven me wrong SO FAR.

I have to say, that I think that Tristan was pretty much trained half way through the FIRST day. He knows what he has to do, and does it. I do still have to remind him to go though, because he tends to get engrossed in other things. He has only had 2 accidents in three days, and he actually woke up yesterday morning bone dry!! Logan has also only had 2 accidents, and they were both today. He is the most stubborn of the bunch, and dawdles....but every time he does his thing, boy is he proud of himself!!! Jackson has had about 2 accidents per day...which I still think is great! When he is on the potty, poor Jackson is not as well endowed as his brothers, and has a trajectory issue...but I think we've got it figured out now.



It's so cute, every time they "do their thing"...they walk the potty bowl into the bathroom, and empty the contents into the "big potty"... flush, and say bye bye to the pee pees or poo poos... I figured being in charge of that will give them some ownership of what they are doing. They get so proud of themselves...I LOVE seeing that!!!

Here's to hoping that the boys continue to do well with their training, and that it doesn't take too horribly long to complete this process!

WISH US LUCK!!!

3 comments:

Kim said...

GREAT job boys!!!!!
Love their colorful potties too!

Laura said...

YAY! Sounds like they are doing great! I love the brushing the teeth while on the pot. You are raising multitaskers!

Anonymous said...

JUST CAUGHT UP WITH WHAT IS HAPPENING. JERRY AND I WISH YOU THE BEST. OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU. THE BOYS LOOK LIKE THEY ARE A DELIGHTFUL HANDFUL. LOVE THE SINGING. HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER. WE ARE STILL IN DELRAY BEACH FLA BUT WILL RETURN TO NJ THE END OF MAY. LOVE TO ALL. COUSINS SHERRY AND JERRY