I can't tell you how tired I am of seeing doctors!!! To the Neurologist, to the Cardiologist, to the Primary, to the Ophthalmologist, to the ENT, to the Endocrinologist, to the OBGYN, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...and now I have to go see a Neuro Otolaryngologist and then a Neuro Ophthalmologist.....
AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!
When does this end???? I am at 3 months without driving, although I must say that I have been venturing out just a tad to test the waters. I am getting mixed results, so I am not venturing out too far, or at all if I am tired. Gee...that's a whole other issue onto itself!!!!
The thyroid levels won't budge, and they can only do small incremental dosage increases with my meds, because they don't want my heart to be affected again. My B-12 levels are being tested again this week. If those numbers haven't moved either, then instead of taking the supplement orally, I will need to receive weekly B-12 shots until the numbers start moving in the right direction. Let me tell you, there gets to be a certain point in the day where my body just simply SHUTS DOWN...Not just, oh..I need to take a little nap...but WHAM...my body just flat out STOPS WORKING, and there is nothing I can do to even will it to keep going. Sometimes I get warning, and sometimes it just kind of happens. When the feeling comes, MAN it hits me HARD, and I usually end up sleeping comatose out cold for a couple of hours. Thank goodness Stu can get home early enough in the afternoon to look after the boys.
AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!!!
The next set of tests I am being sent for, will be looking for a range of Vestibular Disorders. I am being sent to a Neuro Otolaryngologist for this. They originally told me that they could not get me in until August. I said HELL NO!!! My wonderful ENT got on the phone with them, and got me an appointment for May 29th. We'll see if this can shed some light on anything.
The thought is that the original meds that set this chain of events rolling...not only messed with my heart and caused a small stroke...but also set off something within the vestibular/equilibrium area of the brain and/or inner ear.
Yes it's true...I am STILL a mess!!!
And guess what, that's not all folks! On June 1st, I still have to go in to have abdominal surgery to have that lovely mass removed. I will be out of commission for a couple of weeks. The good news is, that my Mom (aka YaYa)...will be coming up for 2 weeks to care for the boys while I recover. Afterwards, me and the boys will be flying back down to Florida with her for another 2 weeks for some sweet and MUCH NEEDED vacation time!!!! Let me tell you...I am counting the days!


1 comment:
Wendi,
I will continue to pray for you. I wish I could help in any way!!!
Love,
Adriana
Post a Comment