May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

Earlier in the week, our wonderful Occupational Therapist Kate, sat with the boys individually in order to guide them in making of a special surprise for me. It turns out that they had each made me AMAZING Mother's Day cards mostly by themselves. Kate said she asked them what they wanted to say, and told them which letters to write, then she asked what kind of pictures they wanted to draw on their cards, and told them what kind of shapes to draw to make the pictures happen...Here are the finished products (click each photo for a larger view):

Jackson's card: front, middle, back
On the front of Jackson's card, you will see that he drew a zebra and "Blue" the dog from TV's Blue's Clues. The back of the card has a picture of me holding Jackson's hand.




Logan's card: front, middle, back
The middle of Logan's card is a picture of us together, and the circles that you see on me are supposed to be buttons. The back of his card has a picture of an elephant on it.

Tristan's card: front, middle, back
On the front of Tristan's card, you will see a monkey, a gate, and a tiger. On the back, you will see a beautiful rose!!!
This morning we started off our day by going to The Little Gym for a special 2-hour Mother's Day session. The whole premise behind this, was for the Dads to bring the kids in, and let the Moms stay home and sleep in. Well, I enjoy seeing them in gymnastics class way too much...so of course I went along too. It was so much fun, and they had bagels, munchkins, coffee, and juice too. Afterwards, we went over to Aunt Randi and Uncle Rod's house for brunch. We were supposed to make our way over to the Long Island Game Farm afterwards, but my body told me otherwise. We went home instead so that I could nap.
Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommies out there!!! I hope you all know how VERY lucky you are to have that title!!! I know I do. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wendi,

Your kids are absolutely amazing! The cards look like they were written by 6 year olds. Your kiddos are such a sweet blessing.

Take care,

Adriana