May 17, 2007

Veggie People

Today was yet another installment of the boys' cooking class. We are in week 3 of a 5 week program, that the boys are truly enjoying. They are learning about healthy foods, getting to follow recipes, then of course get to eat what they create.

Week One: Fiesta Dip
Week Two: Home-made Pretzels
Week Three: Veggie People

Today they were provided with about 15 different types of foods. They had to identify the foods, then try them, then chart whether they liked the food or not. Things like: cherry tomatoes, black olives, yogurt, pears, parsley, cheese, berries, peas, raisins, etc...Then they got to prepare their veggie people by following a step by step recipe.

The bodies were pear halves, the head was cottage cheese, the hair was pasta and shredded cheese, the eyes were raisins/craisins, arms were cheddar cheese, etc...you get the idea. As you can see, Tristan got a little carried away with his. He kept adding more and more!

This week's recipe was really a cute idea...and I think I am going to be really sad when this class is over. I think I am enjoying it as much as the boys are.

1 comment:

Laura said...

That class looks like it was so much fun and what a great way to get the kids to try the different foods!
I hope your doctors can figure out what is going on with you, but I am glad you get a bit of a vacation soon. It is much deserved!