I went to the Cardiologist today, and from the visit I think I've figured out that I need to find myself a new Primary Care doctor again.
Firstly, the Primary Care doc had me do a 24 hour Holter Monitor test a few days before I ended up in the hospital. I was told the results came back good. Well, I had to take a copy of the report to the Cardiologist who showed me that it was NOT good. Apparently, I had over 100 Tachychardic episodes, with the highest rate recorded at 340 BPM (that's REALLY high folks). In addition, there were 0ver 40 occurences in which my heart PAUSED, ie..wasn't beating at all.
Secondly, while in the hospital...one of the doctors there asked me who my Endocrinologist is. I said that I don't have one, because no one ever told me that I needed one. I asked the Primary Care doc if I needed one Wednesday afternoon, and he said absolutely not. Today while at the Cardiologist, she too asked me who my Endocrinologist is...I told her what the Primary said. She said that I ABSOLUTELY should be seeing one. Strike two for the Primary Care doc.
Anyway, the Cardiologist definitely wants me to have the Heart Cath/Angiogram done...partially because of the report findings from my Stress Test, and partially because of the SIGNIFICANT family heart history on my Dad's side. Monday, I will try to schedule the test. Mom and Dad will fly in for it, because they will have to help with the boys for a couple of days afterwards. No lifting, climbing, etc..for me during this time. Plus, if they happen to find any blockages during the Cath, then they will fix it right then and there, and I will be out of commission even longer.
She also believes that my body obviously had a MAJOR reaction to the med (DUH), which has in turn triggered lasting symptoms that may not go away until the thyroid function is back under control. I started my new med today (cross your fingers everyone). She says I probably need to have some sort of Beta Blocker med too, but my blood pressure is on the low side already...and it would cause me to pass out. She also doesn't want to medicate me until the thyroid is under control...to see if the symptoms disappear.
If the symptoms don't disappear, then we have to start looking at the Cardiac Electrophysiology side of things, which brings me back to where I left off three years ago.
In two weeks, she is putting another Holter Monitor on me, but this time it will be for two weeks, instead of 24 hours. Doing this in two weeks will give the new meds a bit of time to get into my system, even though they may take about 3-4 weeks to really start working.
Hopefully these damn symptoms will go away SOON, as I still cannot drive. This REALLY sucks, because I am used to doing things with the boys outside of the house at different places practically every day. Now we can't go ANYWHERE, unless Stu is home from work and with us.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Wendi, I am sorry to hear all of this! Dang Doctor obviously needs a new set of eyeballs! I am glad you are feeling better, but I know it must be so hard to be stuck in the house.
Maybe you can get some of the boys friends over for some playdates to give them fresh faces to look at? Hope all goes well!
Post a Comment