February 05, 2007

Guess What!!!

Did anyone happen to see an ambulance in front of The Cheesecake Factory last night? Yep...it was there for me!

I had another scary episode...but this time was beyond words. Major chest pains/squeezing, flushed, dizzy, tunnel vision, tingling in both arms, uncontrollable shakes, couldn't get a good breath..very shallow breathing, fingers were very blue, blood pressure was very high.

So they took me to Stony Brook, and I was in the acute ICU area of the ER...then they admitted me to one of the heart floors. That is where I am now. Stu brought the laptop up a few minutes ago...so now I won't be bored. I am here on a heart monitor, and on oxygen too. They have been doing a bunch of tests, and I will be getting a stress test in the morning..My blood enzymes came back normal, so I don't think I had a heart attack...That's about all I know so far.

I miss my boys, and feel horrible that they had to watch me be carted away at the restaurant.

3 comments:

E said...

Did you at least get some cheesecake to go?

I hope you feel better and get home to your family ASAP!

Maryann said...

Oh Wendi! I'm so sorry this is happening to you! All my prayers and good thoughts for a quick recovery and an ending to all this drama.

((((Hugs))))

Maryann

Laura said...

OMGOSH! How scary! Please keep us updated and I will keep you in my prayers!