February 02, 2007

Driving Miss Daisy

Well now, on top of all the medical issues that I am currently dealing with...I thought it would be fun to share another tidbit. One of the things that came back in my bloodwork was low thyroid function. No big deal right? They give you meds, and you're good to go right? Of course that would be the case for anyone else...but remember, this is me we're talking about here.

Wouldn't you know it, ever since they put me on the thyroid meds, I have been having these funky side effects that have been escalating into some pretty downright scary events. Mostly heart related, but it got to the point this past week where not only did we almost call an ambulance twice, but that it has compromised my driving as well...I had a couple of episodes while driving the other day that warranted me pulling over three times, and ended up having Stu come get us, and drive us home.

So I was fitted with a heart monitor this week, was taken off the meds, and told not to drive for a little while until the episodes subside. I have been off the meds for 4 days now, and am thankfully starting to feel a little bit better.

I tell you...it's no fun having to depend on someone else to cart you around everywhere you need to go.

So this means, we have been in the house a lot more than usual. Yesterday, the boys and I were looking out the window, and we kept seeing a squirrel going up and down one of our trees for like an hour. He would come down to one of the branches, and pull leaves off of the tree, then carry the leaves in his mouth back up to another tree, where it looked like he was building a nest. I couldn't resist...I had to get my camera out, and pop on the telephoto lens. I was shooting through glass, so they aren't as clear as they could be.

No comments: