December 24, 2006

I Know We're Jewish, BUT.....

OF COURSE the boys know ALL about Santa Claus...even though we really don't celebrate Christmas. It's impossible not to get caught up in the holiday spirit. I grew up with Santa...I learned that Santa loves ALL children, no matter what religion they are. We thought it would be wonderful to instill this idea of "worldly unconditional love" in our boys as well.

So tonight before bed....the boys carefully carried a plate of milk and cookies, and of course a carrot for each of Santa's reindeer over to the fireplace...and then listened for the sound of the jingle bells from Santa's sleigh before they headed off to bed. (click for a larger view)
















Of course we'll have to remember to remove that safety lock from the fireplace before we go to bed tonight, so Santa can bring all the presents in.

No comments: