The holidays have now thankfully come and gone, but I have to say that this year the boys REALLY "get" what it is all about. I really enjoyed seeing the looks on their faces at our family Hanukkah dinner and on Christmas morning when they tore into all the presents. I really loved being able to explain Hanukkah, and everything associated with it to them...and know that they understood enough to ask questions about what I was telling them.
Now that they are 3, the boys absolutely know what they like. Here are some of the "hits" this year:
Digital Keyboards
Digital Drum Console
Leapfrog Phonics Writing Desk (and yes they can write many of their letters)
Leapfrog Math Desk (yes they write many of their numbers too)
They also loved the Mr. Potato Heads, 24 piece jigsaw puzzles which they have mastered in just 2 days already..yikes!, the Cootie Bug game, Colorforms, Fisher Price Go Fishing Game, and the "If You Give a Mouse" 4-story treasury with audio CD.
We also got them the LeapPad Plus Writing Learning System by Leapfrog, but haven't given it to them yet...as well as some more of those 24 piece puzzles, Leapfrog Rhyming Dominos, Color Wonder fingerpaints, accessories for their workbench/tools, and a few other things. We'll save them for a rainy/snowy day. There were a few items that didn't go over very well too, but I guess that's to be expected.
The best part of Christmas day was that we stayed in jammies ALL day!!!!!! Sidenote...if I had known that a children's story book audio CD would lead to COMPLETE silence while riding in the car while they listen to the stories, I would have been purchasing them long ago!!!!
Happy Holidays Everyone!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment