June 01, 2006

Jackson's at Bat and Logan's on Deck

So, I took Logan to the surgeon's office today. He looked at the groin area, and confirmed that yes there is a hernia there...but then saw something else as well. At first he thought it was an undescended testicle, however it came down, then retracted again...but the problem was that it was retracting too far up. So now we have something else to deal with. Originally the plan was that Jackson and Logan would both be having surgery in the morning....

Now, Jackson is still going in first thing tomorrow (Fri)... actually, we have to be IN the hospital at 5:30am...Yes, I know, it's almost midnight, and I am still awake!

Logan on the other hand, has to go back to the surgeon's office next week, so the surgeon can have another peek. He said he doesn't want to have to do surgery twice (thank you) on Logan, and the hernia looks kind of small...so he feels it can wait till we get back from vacation. Meanwhile, he can decide what he's going to do with this other issue.

So, next Thursday, I have to take all three of them back to his office. Jackson for his post-op follow-up visit, Tristan because he still has fluid in there that should be gone by now, and Logan so he can have another look.

I think I am going to take my camera in there, and ask the surgeon if I can take his picture and post it on this blog. I feel like he is part of the family now!

Please pray for Jackson and a successful surgery

1 comment:

Kim said...

Oh Wendi,
All three needing surgery? You are at the hospital as I read this and I hope all is going well. You will ALL be in my prayers.