I was notified this morning that I have finally received medical clearance from Cardiology and Neurology...so my surgery is a go. Tomorrow morning I am to report to the hospital at 7:45am, and will be the not-so-lucky recipient of a Total Abdominal Hysterectomy.
This really unfortunately, is the only option I have. The baseball sized mass that was removed from my abdomen in June, is already starting to make a comeback...the debilitating monthly issues that I deal with....paired with the fact, that I am not a candidate for many of the hormone replacement options due to my heart issues, and also because of the small stroke that I had in February....leave me really no other choices.
I am devastated to know that I won't be able to entertain the idea of having another child, but at the same time I am so very thankful for my wonderful boys...and cherish them every single day. Please say a prayer for me tomorrow....pray that my surgery is an uneventful success, and that my 6-8 week recovery is bearable. Thank you to everyone who has called and sent messages and emails with well wishes and prayers. They mean the world to me!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Terri & I send our prayers and love - too bad on the timing! We're going to be in New York next weekend, and we thought we might try to see you. If you think you might be up for visitors, let me know, as it would be great to finally meet the boys and see you and Stu as well. Take care, and chat with you again soon!!!
Wendi,
I am praying for you!
Adriana
Wendi, somehow this post JUST popped up for me today! I hope you are feeling better and healing inside and out.
Also, I wanted to let you know I moved my blog, but you can follow me to the new one :)
Post a Comment