Well, I suppose that summer is officially over. I know this because the weather has suddenly dropped from a warm and breezy 75 degrees, down to a crisp yet still pleasant 58 degrees. I know it is the very end of October, however I must say that not only has it been unseasonally warm up here, but more simply...I have been in denial. (Being the Florida girl that I am, I do try to hold on to my warm weather as long as I can)
Since I no longer can ignore the impending chill, I started my no-less-than FIVE day long bi-annual closet swap this weekend. This is where all the boys' fall/winter clothes come out of the guest room, and get swapped out with all the spring/summer clothes in their bedroom. Then the arduous task of going through thankfully, six large hand-me-down totes begins, as well as figuring out which current items MIGHT still fit them next season. Then the sorting begins of all the stuff they've outgrown...because I keep passing the clothes down the line to other friends and family. I need to get this done quickly though, not only because of all the doctors tests/appointments and Halloween parties galore....but because my cleaning girls will be here on Wednesday, and there are clothes EVERYWHERE!!!!! How's that for motivation!
I decided to take a bit of a break this morning, and we took the boys over to Southaven Park for the very last running of the season for the Long Island Steamers. It was quite chilly, but the sun was shining, and it was a nice day to enjoy. The boys had a great time riding on the trains, and all asked when they could go back again...I had to be the bearer of bad news and let them know, that this was the last run until next May.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment