September 05, 2007

Welcome the Class of 2021

Today my little miracles grew up all at once it seems...as today was their very first day of school. Our school district has Pre-K/Kindergarten Centers, and then the kids move on to elementary schools. In order to go to Pre-K, you must be turning 4 by December 1st....so that means that the boys were eligible this year. Pre-K at their school is five days a week for 2 1/2 hours a day.

Although my guilt is getting the best of me....I decided to separate them into 3 different classes. The boys ALWAYS answer for each other. I so badly want to give them the chance to learn individually, and be recognized for their own merits. Here is where the guilt comes in...they have NEVER been separated before...EVER, unless someone was at the doctors or in the hospital. They are ALWAYS together...




As to be expected this milestone was especially emotional for me....If you know the boys, then you know what they have been through medically. I NEVER thought I'd see the day when all three of my little guys would be healthy enough to go to school!!!! A truly amazing concept that many take for granted.





When I went to pick the boys up from their first day of school today, they all were beaming with pride....and guess what??? They TOTALLY didn't even care that they were in different classrooms. PHEW!!!! I did learn one new thing today....

2 and a half hours goes by WAY too fast!!!!!

1 comment:

aaron browne said...

I gotta say, being a twin, that having a separate classroom for each is probably the best thing you can do ! Like you said, it gives them a sense of independence they wouldn't have otherwise. Hope all is well with you currently - sorry I've been out of touch. It's been busy here with school, and more recently, a new puppy. Take care, and chat again soon!