May 03, 2007

Food Network Look Out!

For as long as I can remember, my boys have loved watching me cook and bake. In the last year or so, I have encouraged them to join me in the kitchen to make all kinds of things as much as possible. The boys especially love to bake breads, muffins, and cakes. They also enjoy helping me make dinner sometimes too. In fact, Tristan has been telling everyone for the last 6-9 months or so, that he is going to have his own cooking show on the Food Network.

Because they have each taken such a keen interest in this activity, I decided to sign the boys up for a 5 week cooking program geared towards pre-school aged kids (ages 3-5). We signed up with some friends of ours. Tonight we went to our first session. It was GREAT!!! The boys learned about the food pyramid, and got to do an activity to reinforce what they learned...then they got to follow, make, and eat their first recipe. Fiesta Dip!!!! Yumm-O!!!!!




The boys really had a great time, and were excited to find out that next week they will be making pretzels!

No comments: