April 08, 2007

I Love a Parade!

Happy Easter everyone!! Today, as do all good little Jewish kids....The Mazer boys took part in some wonderful seasonal festivities, when they proudly walked in a Kids Easter Parade processional down Main Street in Port Jefferson...and then had the time of their lives hunting for and staking claim to countless numbers of Easter eggs all over the Town Hall lawn. (carrying their "Easter baskets"....okay, so technically they were carrying their Halloween baskets, but who cares!!)

It was brutal out there...and I'm not talking about the bitter cold 39 degree weather and the harsh biting winds coming off the Sound....I'm talking about the PARENTS of all the little pre-school aged kids!!!! I was trying to get pictures of the boys finding their eggs, and almost got knocked over more times than I can keep track of. Jackson also had tripped over a tree root at one point, and some of his eggs went flying out of his basket...two little girls and their Mom, who saw what happened...picked up the eggs, and instead of giving them back to Jackson, took them for themselves!!!! GEEZ...THE NERVE!!

After the Egg Hunt was over, we ran into some friends...and chatted for a bit. Then we walked over to a really great playground called RocketShip Park, where the boys played for a while. Then it was home for naps, and then out to dinner at Applebees, where we were one of maybe four families in the whole restaurant.

The kids really enjoyed their day today, and once again...it was great to be able to get out of the house, and do something FUN!! As always, you will find a PhotoShow below of today's festivities! ENJOY!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Awesome photoshow, I love the pictures of the boys kissing you!!