March 03, 2007

Look Out...Crazy Drivers On the Loose!

WOW...What a change in weather today!!!! We went from three inches of snow on the ground, to 56 balmy degrees in just a matter of two days! Even though I am stuck in the house like a prisoner when Stu is at work still cannot drive, it was the perfect opportunity to get the boys and me outside in the fresh air of the wonderful sunshiny day!! (Ok...now I sound like a Brady Bunch song)

The boys received tricycles from their Aunts and Uncles two Hanukkah/Christmases ago...but were too young for them at the time. Last summer I pulled them out, only to find out that their legs were still too short to reach the pedals. We kept the trikes in the boys' playroom so they could practice over the winter...and finally around December, EVERYONE was at last able to reach the pedals.

Well today was officially the very first time that they have ever ridden their tricycles on the "open road". They had so much fun, and I had a great time watching them. It was a perfect opportunity to teach them about paying attention for cars and following directions. Speaking of street safety...I know that when they get two-wheelers, then they need helmets....but are they supposed to have them for the tricycles too???


No comments: