Well, tickets for her concert went on sale a couple of months ago, and let me tell you...getting tickets to a Laurie Berkner show is just as hard, if not harder than scoring tickets to see Jimmy Buffet. You have to be on ticketmaster EXACTLY at the time they go on sale, or you are out of luck. Let's just say we didn't get tickets....until mid January.
My buddy Ellen called me and said..."Quick, I need your credit card number!!! I'm on ticketmaster, the auditorium opened up another block of seats, and I have tickets saved for you, but you only have like 4 minutes left!" Let me tell you, you never saw someone run for their purse faster!! Thank you Ellen!!!!
So we went to the show today, and it was FABULOUS!!! The boys LOVED LOVED LOVED it, and were dancing, clapping, and singing during the whole show. I wasn't quite sure what to expect since this was their very first concert. We got about half way through the show, and Jackson went from clapping and singing, to kind of zoning out in a daze. Then a few minutes later, he started crying that it was too loud, and he wanted to leave.
Stu walked out to the lobby with him, and they walked around for a bit. Then they found a TV monitor that they could watch the show on, and Jackson was able to enjoy the rest of the concert from afar. What he experienced was Sensory Overload...Kids with Sensory Integration Disorder are oversensitive to some things. I guess with Jackson, the noise was just too much for him. Noises are multiplied many times over for sensory kids.
I told him next time maybe we could bring ear plugs with us, so it wouldn't be so loud for him, and then he could enjoy the show. He thought that was a great idea, and wanted to try it out right away. Unfortunately, we will have to wait for the next concert. All in all they had a GREAT time, and I was so happy to be able to share this experience with my wonderful boys.




1 comment:
They look thrilled. I am glad that Jackson was able to enjoy the show too!!!
Post a Comment