January 19, 2007

Neighborhood Fun

Today was a VERY exciting day in our neighborhood! We were supposed to go mall walking this morning with some friends, but I woke up to the boys saying, "Mommy!!!!! It's snowing outside, there is snow on the grass!!!!" So we decided to go play in the light dusting of almost non-existant powder snow. So we got dressed, ate, took vitamins, and brushed teeth....now we were ready to go play in the snow! Well you have probably guessed that...by that time, ALL the snow had melted!!!!

Ok, so Plan A didn't work out so well. In comes Plan B....

We were playing campout in the living room, when we heard a lot of loud noise coming from outside. We look out the window and what do we see, but a big bulldozer type thing, a cherry picker, a giant dump truck, a grinder, and a few other town trucks...ALL in our front yard and next door!!!!! Turns out our next door neighbor has a big 'ol dead sycamore tree that needs to come down. It's on town property, so the town comes to take care of it. Now THIS is a 3 year old boy's DREAM...!!!!!!





Or so I thought....Poor Logan was scared that the bulldozer was going to come scoop him up. I had to convince him that such things were just not true.



It luckily didn't take much convincing! The boys were so excited to watch this tree coming down, shouting TIMBER every time a limb was cut down. Then the bulldozer would come and scoop up the branches and debris, and empty it all into the dump truck. I have to admit, I was having fun watching all this take place too!!!



Now how's that as justification for not going mall walking!!!

No comments: