December 12, 2006

Off They Go

Today we had the very sad task of taking YaYa and PaPa back to the airport, so that they could return home. They came up to visit us for a week, and help out during Logan's recovery process. We were all bummed when it was time to say good-bye today, but are excited to know that they will be back in just a few short weeks!!!!

Logan is Day 7 post-op today...and poor little guy has lost about one and a half to two pounds since his surgery. He is only eating parts of things, very small portions...only a fraction of what he would normally eat. We also have to constantly remind him to drink something. The good news is that, even though his diapers have not been as wet as they normally are...he is NOT showing any signs of dehydration...which is what we have to watch out for.

We were told that somewhere between Day 5 and Day 10, many kids are re-admitted back into the hospital for dehydration...because it is during this time where the scabs fall off in the back of the throat, leaving it raw and exposed. Bleeding and pain usually will occur during this time frame. We will keep our fingers crossed that this will not happen to us.

Logan has become quite attached to his hospital bracelet, and refuses to take it off. Not so important in my book, so be it....On the other hand....He has also refused to take a bath since he's returned home from the hospital. FINALLY, today I couldn't take it anymore..I HAD to take a stand. Into the bath he went, sporting his brand new ear plugs. Boy do I hope I had them in properly.

What an ordeal that bath was!!!! I was actually sweating after not only trying to wrestle with him to put the ear plugs in, but also trying to keep him in the bathtub. Then of course AFTER his bath, the little creep sweetie said, "Mommy, I feel much better now that I am clean."

Keep sending good thoughts Logan's way for a continued successful recovery. We've been told that we will have about a 14 day recovery period, so I guess we are now officially half way there!

No comments: