I can't even begin to tell you how simply wonderful our new OT is. In just the short couple of weeks since we have started Sensory Integration Therapy/Occupational Therapy sessions with Kate, I have already noticed improvements with each of the boys, however there has been a TREMENDOUS improvement in Tristan's tactile sensory issues. He used to FREAK OUT at bath time. If the water was lukewarm...he would tell me it was burning him, and he would flip out when it was time to wash his hair. Now...he askes me when we can take a bath, and once he is in the tub he says..."Mommy, this water feels nice!"
This week, Kate had the boys try cutting with scissors for the very first time. I never realized how much effort, concentration, and coordination goes into this task. She had them roll out some Silly Putty, then she guided them in actually using the scissors to cut the Silly Putty. This is going to take some practice, but they are off to a great start....and they were VERY proud of themselves too!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment