October 16, 2006

Silence Can Be Bliss

Any parent out there will know that there are just certain times in the day, where the children must be left unattended: even if it's just for a few minutes to use the bathroom, do a load of wash, make snack or lunch... you get the picture. You've also seen from reading my blog, the tumultuous effects this can lead to.

Well this morning, I had to go upstairs to get dressed...so I left the boys downstairs for a short while. Jackson was playing with the Leapfrog Phonics Radio, Logan was playing with dinosaurs, and Tristan was doing puzzles.

I came back downstairs as soon as I was done, and this is what I found in the playroom....





Logan was reading a book to Tristan and Jackson. It was the cutest darn thing!!! Not only was Logan "reading" the book to the boys, but they were all engaging in intelligent conversation about the contents of each page as they went along.

Did you take notice of the long sleeved fleeces and long pants???!!!! It saddens me to say that summer is officially over here in NY. It went down into the 30's last night, and only got into the high 50's today. Today I started work on my semi-annual "closet transition" for the boys' clothes. All of next summer's stuff goes into the guest room closet, all of the winter stuff goes into the boys' bedroom closet, and all the outgrown stuff is given away.

Thank you for allowing me to share this moment out of my day today...it was one of those moments that made my heart smile...to come down the stairs and see this scene playing out. This is what it's ALL about!!!

3 comments:

Laura said...

That is so precious! I love reading your blog and seeing what your boys are up to!

Maryann said...

That is so sweet! I have tears welling up. :) It must be good to see your good parenting mirrored back!

Kim said...

That is the sweetest thing!!!!
You are such a good Mom!