October 01, 2006

A Day For Mommy

I wanted to say thanks so very much everyone for the wonderful birthday wishes!!!!

My morning started off later than usual, because I was actually allowed to sleep in till 8:45!!!! WooHoo! I can't tell you the last time that happened. I was cheerfully woken with a quite spirited rendition of Happy Birthday in surround sound by Jackson, Logan, and Tristan. As wonderful as their singing was, I was still bummed because it was raining outside, and we had plans to go to one of our favorite festivals of the season. We passed the morning by having family breakfast together, and I opened up my brand new Palm Pilot!! (my current one is over 3 years old, and barely holds a charge). We ended up however, being able to go to St. James Day after all, because the weather cleared up quite nicely by lunchtime.

After we got home, my back was bothering me, so I took something for it, and fell asleep....2 hours later I woke up...OOPS! That's the first nap I've had in a REALLY LONG time. Then we took the boys over to Houlihans for a delicious dinner.

I am really looking forward to Tuesday night though, because Stu and I are going to The Gatsby in Islip for a "real" dinner. Our former Physical Therapist Kelly, is coming over to babysit for a couple of hours so we can go. It's supposed to be a fabulous place. I can't wait!! Thanks again everyone for your phone calls and emails!!! They really meant a lot!!!

One year Older!!! One year Smarter!!!! One year Better!!!!

2 comments:

Laura said...

Happy birthday to you! Glad you had a wonderful day, you deserve it!

Kim said...

Happy birthday Wendi!!!