September 10, 2006

Breathing Easier This Weekend

Wow did we have a full weekend!!!!

It all started on Friday, when Jackson's breathing started making me quite nervous. He was breathing quite shallowly and quickly, was getting kind of lethargic, had not eaten since the morning prior, his nostrils were flaring, and was coughing ALOT. He was really beginning to struggle. I took him to the doctor, and it turns out he was in the beginnings of asthma related respiratory distress again...AND he has another ear infection. If you remember, he was just hospitalized for this less than a month ago for three days. While there he was not as responsive as they wanted him to be, and we ended up being there for over three hours while they got him stabilized (and kept him out of the hospital)...meanwhile I had all three boys with me.

Luckily, they were able to get him settled...unfortunately they had to give him a shot of one of the "big gun" steroids, Decadron. It seemed to thankfully do the trick though. By the time all of my lady friends started to arrive at the house Friday night for a luxurious
Body Shop Spa Peppermint Foot Party , Jackson seemed in much better spirits...even running around with his brothers showing off for the ladies before bedtime.

We made it through the night pretty well doing round the clock nebulizer treatments to keep his lungs open. Saturday morning, the boys and I went back to the doctor for a follow-up. Jackson was sounding better, but still not completely himself. They gave him another shot of Decadron, which really seemed to do the trick. We even attended a Fall Festival in East Northport for the day with some friends while Stu was at work.

This morning, he was doing well, so we went over to Nesconset Day...which is one of the biggest and best art/craft/gift festivals of the season. It was a beautiful day to be outdoors!!! We got home, changed the boys, reloaded, and back out the door we went. I got changed too, because I dropped Stu and the boys off at a friend's house for a bbq, while I went to a wedding. After the wedding I went back to enjoy the rest of the bbq. The boys crashed in the car, and are out for the count!!!!




No comments: