August 02, 2006

It's a HEAT WAVE!!!

Wow...can you say HEAT WAVE!!!! It is amazingly difficult to get ANYTHING accomplished when it is 100 degrees outside with a heat index of 108-110 degrees, not to mention completely stagnant thick and humid air. For almost the first time in eight years, this week I have had 3 asthma attacks that have required quick medicinal response.

Unfortunately for us, we live in a two-story colonial home that does not have central air. Let me tell you, that is one luxury from Florida that I miss!!!! Allow me to paint you a picture....

Downstairs, we have a wall a/c unit that cools most of the bottom floor pretty comfortably. However, when that is on...we can't have anything upstairs on, hence the reading today on our upstairs thermostat gage.


Mind you, this is where the boys' bedroom is. Now, of course Stu and I have a window a/c unit in our room...but because the boys are no longer in cribs...a window unit in their room is a HUGE safety hazard. So we aren't able to put one in their room this summer. We do have a tall oscilating fan just outside their bedroom, and a ceiling fan directly over their beds. By the time they are put to bed in the evening, the temperature on the thermostat has gone down to anywhere between 89-91. We are MISERABLE this week, and hope the heat breaks soon. The one thing I have been thankful for, is that Tristan's lungs have handled this all quite well.

2 comments:

Laura said...

Oh My Gosh....98 IN THE HOUSE? You poor things.. I bet you are all making good use out of any little pools you can! I hope that heats settles down soon. Also, I love the girlfriend pics, they look so sweet!

Maryann said...

Okay, that's not a heat wave. 117, now that's a heat wave! That's what we had two weeks ago. JK, though. 98 is pretty uncomfortable, especially in the house.