May 02, 2006

We went to the pediatrician yesterday for a follow up from Tristan's ER trip. While we were there, he took a look at Tristan's surgical site from the hernia. It has been swollen with fluid for about 2 weeks now. The surgeon had originally said that it would take 4-6 weeks to drain on its own...but now it's getting bigger again.

The pediatrician took one look at it, his eyes got big, and said I'll be right back....he went to call the surgeon. He came back in, and said...they will see you tomorrow. He wants it checked out again, because it is SO swollen. Poor Tristan! So off we go today to the surgeon's office. We saw the surgeon, and he says that it may continue to get even bigger before it starts to drain. He assured me that Tristan is not in any discomfort from it, and that his diaper acts as a support against gravity. He said to come back in 6-8 weeks...so we will go back after our Florida trip.

As far as the seizures...there really is no way to tell if he will ever have another one or not. The Pediatrician did say that anytime he gets even a small fever, to start him on Tylenol and Motrin right away. I asked if his constipation could be correlated to the seizures, because Stu said that he remembered Tristan having a hard time before the last one too. He said it is possible that the intense pain and straining could cause it to happen. He called it a vaso vagal reaction...but it still does not explain the fever. We may never know. By the way...we ended up having to give Tristan a glycerine suppository to get him to poop....talk about a traumatic experience!!!! And I am talking about for me!!!! Let's just say it took at least 5 tries to push it in and get it to stay in. Poor Tristan...AND poor Mommy!!!! For those wondering...yes, it worked.

Tristan is thankfully doing well. I thought I was ready before, but I am REALLY in need of a vacation now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You certainly do need a vacation. I love the racing car beds. I have never seen such a thing. Now that the weather is better I hope the boys will be well and that Tristan will soon be finished with the swelling. Love to all. Aunt Zi