Tristan has been feeling quite well since his surgery, however has developed a substantial amount of fluid build-up in the surgical area. He is more swollen now, than he was before the surgery took place. I took him back to the surgeon's office for a check. The surgeon said that it is not a common occurence, however not unheard of. It should drain naturally in about 4-6 weeks, but if it doesn't...then the area will have to be drained with a needle. YIKES!!!! He said that some surgeons choose to do the needle procedure right away, but it is not pleasant. He also said that especially since Tristan is a small child, and the swelling is not painful for him...let's see if it will drain on its own. We go back in a month.
We are still waiting for the insurance company to approve Jackson's 24 hour oxygen study that was prescribed a month ago. I am tired of waiting for them to come through with the approval, so I told the Pulmonologist that I have been a "bad mommy". I have been trialing Jackson off the oxygen at night...but leaving him hooked up to the monitor. This way I can see how he does without the oxygen. I have done this on and off for 2 1/2 weeks now. Last week, his monitor did not beep off at all. I put in a call to the Pulmonologist today to see if we can just take him off permanently. I will update when it is official.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment