February 20, 2008

A "Friend"ly Surprise!

How thrilled was I today, to pick up the phone and hear my friend Dana on the line!!! She and her family sadly moved away to Saratoga Springs, NY a while back, and we only get to see each other in person when they get to Long Island once or twice a year. Well boy was I surprised to hear they are in town for just a couple of days and could we get together today??? Of course I excitedly said YES!!!

So we met up at the library after breakfast for a few hours with the kids...who enjoyed themselves with a library sponsored Kids Craft Program Day followed by computer and play time in the children's wing....all while Dana and I got to catch up blissfully uninterruped for the most part!

I love this picture so much!!! Do you see something a bit out of ordinary about this picture though.....Hmmm, let's see....How often is it that you come across....nope, I'm not talking about seeing two sets of triplets together.....but how often do you see six 4 and 5 year olds listening so intently and quietly to a story!!! (read by Dana)


1 comment:

Laura said...

That is so awesome you got to play catch up while someone kept the kids busy FOR you. Doesn't get much better :)

BTW, did you know your blog doesn't have an RSS feed? My bloglines won't let me subscribe to you.

Good to see you posting again!