September 25, 2007

The Pledge

So last night we put the boys to bed, and of course they usually chat for a few minutes before they fall asleep....I didn't actually think anything of it at first as I heard them upstairs talking all at the same time together, but then it hit me.....SINCE WHEN DID MY LITTLE GUYS KNOW THE PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE??????? My jaw DROPPED, and I ran up the stairs. I said, "Say that again!!!!" and they did. I said "OH My God...NO WAY!!!! When did you guys learn that?" They simply replied, "In school Mommy." I ran right over to the phone and called YaYa and PaPa so they could hear the boys.

I don't know exactly when they memorized The Pledge, but do know that they celebrated Constitution Day in class last Monday, and made a class pledge...so maybe that's the day they started saying this one too. So in one week's time, minus the weekend, reciting it only once a day in class....they've got it ALMOST down. I'm truly impressed....can't you tell???? This afternoon when the boys got home from school, I decided to record this little milestone. Sorry it's a bit on the dark side. Enjoy!!





3 comments:

Kim said...

They are adorable!! I can't believe they know it so well already. Awesome!

Laura said...

Wow! I have to tell you their accents brought a huge smile to my face. They are so stinking cute!

Maryann said...

Impressive, but with your boys, I'm not at all surprised. :) Too cute.