July 25, 2007

Rollin' with More Punches

I guess you could say that the last 6 months of my life have been out of control, medically speaking. Considering that I have only really been driving again for about 3 weeks...and ONLY if well rested....all this medical CRAP is still not behind me!!! If you ask me how I am feeling, it can vary from day to day, and even vary from one point in the day to the next....BUT overall, if you look at me now versus 2 months ago...I am in MUCH better shape.

The electrical issues in my heart seem to have subsided, and the coordination issues from the small stroke I had finally seem to have resolved themselves. The vertigo issues are what I am still dealing with, although they are much more tolerable now. I am also still working with the doctors who are trying to get my B12 and Thyroid levels under control, as exhaustion is still a major barrier for me.

I can proudly say that I AM DRIVING AGAIN!!!!! This statement means the world to me, as you never know how much this privilege is taken for granted, until it is taken away for 5 1/2 months. I know my limits, and have learned from recent experience that I cannot drive long distances or at night, unless I have napped or am well rested. It makes a HUGE difference. The boys are thrilled too, because now we can resume most of our normal activities and outings with all of our friends.

I am now 7 weeks post-op from my abdominal surgery, which has finally healed up nicely. I am feeling back to normal in that aspect...but have been having even more extreme issues stemming from the Endometriosis. These issues landed me back at the OB-GYN yesterday, only to find out that a HYSTERECTOMY is in my very near future....like as soon as I can coordinate the doctor's schedule with my schedule, and with my mother's (who will be flying up here for quite a few weeks to help out).

This was a second opinion...and it seems like I am not a candidate for some of the hormone replacement options that are out there due to my heart/stroke issues. It looks like perhaps this surgery will happen sometime near the holidays... during the late fall or early winter.

I am quite upset about the finality of this surgery. It means no possibility of having any more children in the future. I'm only 36 years old for God's sake!!!! I know I need to be healthy for my guys, but I feel like something is being taken away from me....

I think this surgery is going to be hard on everyone...especially the boys. I will most likely be in the hospital for 3-6 days, and then have a 6-8 week recovery after that. I REALLY wish that I had possessed a crystal ball 7 weeks ago when I had that big mass removed. If I had known that this was going to need to be done, then I would have been able to have the mass removed AND had the hysterectomy at the same time....but unfortunately there was no possible way to know that.

On an up-note....I was just listed as one of the top sales achievers in the nation with lia sophia! I am quite proud of myself considering I only do this part-time (like once a week or so) AND have been dealing with all the above medical CRAP!!!! I also just signed on my first two girls, who recently joined my team.

All in all, we are trying to soak up every bit of this wonderful summer! Our time has been quite busy, and there just never seem to be enough hours in the day...It's a great feeling to be out and about with the boys again...and we are taking full advantage of it!!!

1 comment:

aaron browne said...

hang in there, kiddo. you're doing great! :) look forward to chatting with you again soon.