June 01, 2007

Will My Belly Become Jelly??

This morning I will be going into the hospital for abdominal surgery, so that they may remove that lovely big mass that is growing inside. I have to be at the hospital mid-morning, and not at the butt-crack of dawn...so that makes me very happy to know that I can spend the first part of the day with the boys. I am not quite sure what to expect, because they won't really know what they are up against until they get in there to remove the mass. We just know it's big and it keeps getting bigger, and boy is it painful. If you were looking at me, you could definitely see it.

I was told there will be a 2-3 week recovery if all goes well....The worst case scenario though is not one I want to think about...a hysterectomy. Mom (YaYa) thankfully flew in yesterday, and will be taking care of me and the boys for 2 weeks during my recovery. We were very happy to see her!

The only thing I am wondering about.....This mass is what's holding my stomach up. Once it's gone, is my belly just going to be flopping around...am I going to be left with something droopy to jiggle when I am bored???? I tried telling my OB-GYN (he's doing the surgery), that "while you're in there" a tummy tuck would totally be welcomed...He laughed. I on the other hand, was totally serious!!!

Please keep your fingers crossed for a speedy, uneventful, and successful surgery!!!!

4 comments:

Laura said...

Wendi- I hope it all goes as planned for you and you are back out in no time! As for your belly... you wil have to let us know how it goes =) Get well soon!

Kim said...

I am keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery!!!
HUGS,
Kim

Maryann said...

Wendi,

You have all my good thoughts prayers. Big ((((hugs)))) coming your way, too. Get well soon!

Maryann

P.S.
If your belly does turn to Jelly, you can join me inthe Jelly Belly club! :) So don't worry about it!

Marcelo said...

Hi Sweetie,

Hope you are recovering without any trouble. Hope all went well.
Don't worry about the floppy thing!
we are thinking of you!