March 24, 2007

First Signs of Spring

Yippee!!! This morning I was outside and what did I see?? Why the VERY first flower of spring right in our front yard!!! Hopefully this is not a fluke, as I can see after further inspection that there are actually a couple of stalks elsewhere in the bed starting to wake up for the season.

If that weren't enough, just a few minutes ago, I brought the boys outside to show them the flower...and guess what we happened to see while outside? Yet another wonderful sign that spring may in fact, be on its way to Long Island!!! (even though there is still snow on the ground all over the place)

Now watch...we'll get hit with a blizzard tomorrow!!!!

1 comment:

Kim said...

Awesome pictures Wendi, glad you are starting to warm up. Guess I won't be able to tease you any more. lol