March 14, 2007

Faux Pas

Today we were at the ENT for Logan, and a lady (an extremely large lady) walks out from the exam area and into the waiting area where we were seated. Logan says QUITE LOUDLY....(I am sure you've already guessed where this is going) "Mommy, that lady in the orange shirt has a REALLY BIG BELLY, she must have a baby in her belly!!"

I was mortified~!!!!!! And, of course he didn't just say it once...it was like 6 or 7 times in a row!!! My jaw dropped, and I kept trying to shush him to no avail. I think everyone in that office was mortified for me!

So in the car on the way home, (Stu and the other boys were there too)...I decided to have the discussion with the boys about how everyone comes in different sizes and shapes, some people are small, some people are medium sized, and some people are big, some are tall, short...blah blah blah, etc.. and that we should never say anything about their size or shape, because it might hurt their feelings, and that everyone is special. I hope I got the message across to them. They say they understand, and repeated the jist of the message back to me...but I wonder at 3 years old, if they truly understand.

This was my most embarrassing moment to date...and I am sure it won't be the last!!! Gee, and I thought I was embarrassed when Jackson told everyone that I had bouncy boobies not too long ago.


Oh yes, I can't forget to pass along another installment of "Tristanisms"....
Tristan told me today,
"Mommy, if you pick my boogies and I pick your boogies, then that's true love!"
How endearing!!! A question though, what IS the fascination with "boogies" at this age???

3 comments:

Kim said...

OMG how embarassing. I have one factinated with boogies or "boogers" as he call them. lol

Amber said...

I went back to the comments that day and saw that you were in Long Island. We are close ... really close! Currently in Shoreham ... I was in Coram just yesterday.

Didn't see any triplets though ... I'm sure I wouldn't have missed that sight :)

I look forward to checking out your blog!

Maryann said...

Yep, I'm waiting for that social faux pa.

My boys are definitely fascinated with boogars. Jake's a "plicker", as DH calls him (picks&lick), and Josh is a licker (long tongue going you know where) TMI, I know.

Just today, Josh was pointing to my body parts, then said "boogar nose" for nose. I said, no it's just my nose. Then he said, "That's your nose," then pointed inside and siad, "and boogars are in there." Yeah, I guess it's the age.

Too bad we're not closer. My boys and yours would REALLY get along. :)