Good morning everyone...
What a LONG day with Logan yesterday! I woke up very encouraged as even though he refused to drink, he proceeded to eat some eggs and cream of wheat for breakfast yesterday. His oxygen requirements were much less, but he still needed it. The rash has started to subside.
As the day went on he got REALLY CRABBY AND BEASTLIKE...now refusing everything. By about lunchtime, he was being trialed off the oxygen and doing well...but had managed to chase everyone out of his room that he came in contact with.
Somewhere in the late afternoon close to dinnertime, I lost it and started crying because they told me he was going to have to stay over another night because of his refusal to drink. They didn't want him to go home and get dehydrated. He started to get upset when I cried, and I told him how proud I would be of him if he would just drink SOMETHING! He must have thought about it, because about 15 minutes later his WHOLE attitude changed, and he started drinking AND eating!!!!
I called the nurses station to tell them the great news. A few people came in to see how he was doing and he was more than happy to show them how he was drinking. About 30 minutes later...a nurse came in with our walking papers and instructions.
I collapsed early last night not too long after putting the boys down...and slept ALL night! Logan did well overnight, but woke up a little beasty again this morning. Maybe having his brothers here will help take his mind off of things...as well as having my parents here, who flew in yesterday from Florida for a week.
Wish us luck...THANK YOU for ALL of your prayers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Thanks the update... So glad everything is going well!
I am so glad he is home and doing well. I am sorry it was so hard while you were in the hospital.
Here's to a QUICK and eventless recovery!!!!
HUGS
Kim
So glad you are home and Logan is doing well. I have to say that "beasty" thing... With my Josh, it lasted THREE MONTHS after his heart surgery. I hope it's not that long for you and Logan. Many prayers for a speedy recovery "beasty" and otherwise. :)
Post a Comment