December 03, 2006

Can You Say STRESSED OUT!!!!

I am SO frickin' stressed out, I can't even express it in words!!!! Logan is going in for his 3 surgeries on Tuesday morning, and I am so worried and stressed over it. This is our 4th surgery in one year's time between the three boys, so you'd think that I'd be used to the whole process by now...but this time it is just really getting to me, and I don't know why.

Part of it is that the other three surgeries all took place in the groin regions where the anesthesiologists could use a caudal block (kind of like an epidural) down there, so not as much anesthesia had to be used. It was MUCH safer for their lungs this way.

Logan's surgeries will all be in the head/neck region, so no block will be available for him. He will have the full amount of anesthesia. This has me freaked out, because of the very realistic danger of him having bronchiospasms, then not being able to get off the ventilator...especially with their significant lung issues. These surgeries will take a total of about 2 - 2/12 hours, then Logan will spend 1-2 nights on the Peds floor. This is Logan's very first surgery, so that's probably another reason that I am so freaked out.

I have made myself so stressed out over this, that I actually puked yesterday. I have a big giant zit on my chin, and I am not sleeping well. Obviously, I haven't been on the computer much in the past few days...so I am really sorry for not keeping up.

I am also NOT looking forward to the horrid 10-14 day recovery period we keep hearing about. Although, I think that if he makes it through this surgery safely and unscathed...I will feel so THANKFUL, that I probably won't even care about dealing with it.

PLEASE SEND BIG PRAYERS OUT FOR LOGAN ON TUESDAY 12/5!!!! PRAY FOR A SAFE, UNEVENTFUL, AND SUCCESSFUL SURGERY...AS WELL AS A SWIFT RECOVERY PERIOD WITH NO COMPLICATIONS. Please send some out once again for my sanity too!!!

No comments: