Today the boys took part in a fashion show for The March of Dimes, by modeling some of the fall's latest trends while their heartwrenching stories were told...and their "before" pictures were shown as well in front of about 200 people.
Hearing someone else tell the story of their overabundance of struggles while in the NICU was extremely difficult for me, and even more so was listening to the stories of 20 other children who had an equally rough start in life. It was quite an emotionally exhausting day for me.
I do have to say that we had a fantastic time at this event...We met quite a few new people in that 3 1/2 hours, whom we exchanged pleasantries and of course, medical histories with...and we also were thrilled to see a big table full of Stony Brook NICU nurses...who came to see some of their NICU graduates (including the boys). It has been three years since the boys were in the NICU, and everyone knew exactly who were were, and made us feel as if no time had passed!
I know I have said it many times before, and I know I will say it many times again....I AM SO VERY BLESSED AND EVER SO THANKFUL EACH DAY FOR JACKSON, LOGAN, AND TRISTAN. My amazing little guys, are truly three miracles from God, who made their way into my life...and completed me. I Love You Boys!!!!!
Please click the link below to view the PhotoShow for this extra special event!!!
Hearing someone else tell the story of their overabundance of struggles while in the NICU was extremely difficult for me, and even more so was listening to the stories of 20 other children who had an equally rough start in life. It was quite an emotionally exhausting day for me.
I do have to say that we had a fantastic time at this event...We met quite a few new people in that 3 1/2 hours, whom we exchanged pleasantries and of course, medical histories with...and we also were thrilled to see a big table full of Stony Brook NICU nurses...who came to see some of their NICU graduates (including the boys). It has been three years since the boys were in the NICU, and everyone knew exactly who were were, and made us feel as if no time had passed!
I know I have said it many times before, and I know I will say it many times again....I AM SO VERY BLESSED AND EVER SO THANKFUL EACH DAY FOR JACKSON, LOGAN, AND TRISTAN. My amazing little guys, are truly three miracles from God, who made their way into my life...and completed me. I Love You Boys!!!!!
Please click the link below to view the PhotoShow for this extra special event!!!


2 comments:
Looks like you all had a great time. Wendi, you have such a proud look on your face in those pictures! I can absolutley tell how much your boys mean to you, they are so precious!
How sweet is that. You look so proud and the boys were adorable!!
Post a Comment