I took Logan to the "other" ENT this afternoon for a second opinion, and to see what kind of vibe I got from her. I have been asking around about this doctor, including at my Ped's office. So far, everyone I have spoken to has raved about her.
I talked with her for over an hour, and felt very at ease with her credintials. She has been doing this type of surgery for 10 years, and is also an Assistant Professor of Surgery at Stony Brook, for Pediatric Otolaryngology. Not to mention, she has a 3 year old child as well...
There were three different surgery options given to us. One was the "classic" style removal of tonsils and adnoids (quite painful 10-14 day recovery), the next has only been done for about 2 years now, but with great results (not as painful 7-10 day recovery), and the third choice is where the tonsils are merely shaved down..not removed..and can grow back (not as invasive 4-7 day recovery).
We have gone with the second option, which uses Coblation Technology. The tissue in the back of the throat is heated to a much lesser degree than with the standard "classic" tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy....so Logan should be a little more comfortable during the recovery process. He will also be having tubes surgically placed in his ears.
Logan's surgeries will all take place on Tuesday, December 5th. Prior to this date he has to have pre-op testing, and has to get a lung clearance from the Pulmonologist as well. Appointments have been made, and we will of course keep you posted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I am so glad you were able to come to a decision with sugeons. Sounds like you are totally comfortable with it too. Well at least as comfortable as you can be!!!
I will be thinking of you all on dec 5th
Post a Comment