Well, I knew it was too good to be true....just as things were starting to come together again medically for us, I made a new discovery that warranted some immediate attention....
I was changing Jackson's diaper Sunday night, and noticed the area looked quite a bit enlarged on the right side.....UGGHHH!!!!!! I said to myself there is NO way I am seeing what I think I am seeing....I called the doctor on Monday, and they said to bring him in that day. It is officially confirmed....Now Jackson has a hernia too!!!!! Here we go again.....
I took him to the surgeon. He only does surgeries on Fridays, which we knew from Tristan's 2 previous surgeries...This Friday, he is already booked up, so Jackson will be going in for hernia surgery next Friday, June 2nd.
Because he just got off of oxygen, and he has bad lungs too, they will be doing Jackson's surgery just like they did Tristan's....in the main surgical OR, and have the peds floor on notice that he may have to stay overnight if necessary. The surgeon called the Pulmonologist while we were at the office, and she cleared him for surgery, but is going to start Jackson on some steroids a couple of days prior to surgery, to prepare his lungs.
Since Tristan ended up having to have 2 surgeries, there is a great likelihood that the same could be true for Jackson since they are triplets. The surgeon is going to repair the right side, then go do exploratory surgery on the left side to see what it looks like over there. If they see it needs fixing, he will go ahead and do it right then and there.
Please keep Jackson in your prayers next Friday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment